Book and Income Tax Differences
Respond to the following. Submit journal entries in the Excel Template linked here and any written segments in the comments function in that spreadsheet. Do not submit two separate documents, as only one document can be accepted. For written answers, please make sure your responses are well written, formatted per the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements and have proper citations, if applicable.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Johnny Bravo Company began operations in 2015 and has provided the following information.
- Pretax financial income for 2015 is $100,000.
- The tax rate enacted for 2015 and future years is 40%.
- Differences between the 2015 income statement and tax return are listed below.
- Warranty expense accrued for financial reporting purposes amounts to $5,000. Warranty deductions per the tax return amount to $2,000.
- Gross profit on construction contracts using the percentage-of-completion method for book purposes amounts to $92,000. Gross profit on construction contracts for tax purposes amounts to $62,000.
- Depreciation of property, plant, and equipment for financial reporting purposes amounts to $60,000.
- Depreciation of these assets amounts to $80,000 for the tax return.
- A $3,500 fine paid for violation of pollution laws was deducted in computing pretax financial income.
- Interest revenue earned on an investment in tax-exempt municipal bonds amounts to $1,400.
- Taxable income is expected for the next few years.
Use the spreadsheet Journal Entries to prepare the journal entry to record income tax expense, deferred taxes, and income taxes payable for 2015.
Draft the income tax expense section of the income statement, beginning with “Income before income taxes”
Business & Finance homework help
“Our Prices Start at $11.99. As Our First Client, Use Coupon Code GET15 to claim 15% Discount This Month!!”
The post Acct #3 appeared first on Nursingthesis Help.