Action Planning And Overcoming Barriers
Barrier # 1. Dynamic and Complex Environments:
Perhaps the most important barrier to effective planning is the nature of an organisation’s environment. When, for instance, an electronics firm develops a long-range plan, it tries to take into account how much technological innovation is likely to occur during the time period of planning.
But forecasting such unaccountable events is no doubt very difficult. Anticipating rapid and significant changes certainly complicates the entire planning process. In fact, changes in any of the elements of an organisation’s task or general environments can radically alter the plans and obstruct the entire planning process.
Barrier # 2. Reluctance to Establish Goals:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The second barrier to effective planning is the reluctance on the part of some managers to establish goals for themselves and their units of responsibilities. The main reason for this reluctance is lack of confidence or fear or failure. If a manager sets a very specific ‘concise and time-related goals’, then whether he (she) attains it will become clear.
A manager is reluctant to disclose his failure. This means that managers who do consciously or unconsciously try to avoid this degree of accountability are likely to hinder the planning efforts of their organisation. Various other factors also contribute to a manager’s reluctance to establish goals, viz., a lack of ability, a lack of information, or a poor reward system.
Barrier # 3. Resistance to Change:
This is the third major barrier to the planning process. Any type of organisational planning involves changing one or two aspects of its current situation. Managers resist change for three main reasons, viz., fear of the unknown, a preference for familiar goals and plans, and, economic insecurity.
Barrier # 4. Constraints:
Another major obstacle to planning arises due to constraints that limit what an organisation can do. For example, an organisation may have such a heavy investment in plant and equipment that it cannot acquire new equipment. Labour contracts can also be major constraints. Other possible constraints include governmental regulations, a shortage of managerial talent, and a scarcity of raw materials.
If counseling is all talk and no action it is not effective counseling. The problem is that clients encounter many barriers in carrying out actions they identify in the counseling process.
Write a 750-1,000-word paper discussing action planning and overcoming barriers for client treatment. Please use headings and include the following in your paper:
- Discuss the principles for effectively implementing an action plan.
- Describe at least five barriers that might interfere with client implementation of the action plans that are created. Include a case example of each barrier.
- Outline a counselor intervention that would help to overcome each barrier.
- A list of your local community resources for different types of needs.
- Outline an aftercare plan that utilized local community resources.
Include at least three scholarly references in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.