Question 1.Question : Which of the following is a crucial element of developing a guideline? Creating a physician expert panel Reviewing the literature with ratings of available evidence Conducting an external review of a guideline Developing evidence-based tables Points Received: 2 of 2 Question 2.Question : African American patients seem to have a negative reaction to which of the following asthma medications? Inhaled corticosteroids Long-term beta-agonist bronchodilators Leukotriene receptor agonists Oral corticosteroids Points Received: 2 of 2 Question 3.Question : Jolene has breast cancer that has been staged as T1, N0, M0. What might this mean? The tumor size cannot be evaluated; the cancer has not spread to the lymph nodes; and the distant spread cannot be evaluated. The cancer is in situ; it is spreading into the lymph nodes, but the spread cannot be evaluated otherwise. The cancer is less than 2 cm in size and has not spread to the lymph nodes or other parts of the body. The cancer is about 5 cm in size; nearby lymph nodes cannot be evaluated; and there is no evidence of distant spreading. Points Received: 2 of 2 Question 4.Question : Sondra’s peripheral vestibular disease causes dizziness and vertigo. Which of the following medications will help to decrease edema in the labyrinth of the ear? Meclizine Diphenhydramine Diamox Diamox Promethazine Points Received: 0 of 2 Question 5.Question : Mandy presents with a cauliflower-like wart in her anogenital region. You suspect it was sexually transmitted and document this as a: Filiform/digitate wart Dysplastic cervical lesion Condyloma acuminata Koilocytosis Points Received: 2 of 2 Question 6.Question : Inattention and a sleep-wake cycle disturbance are the hallmark symptoms of? Dementia Alzheimer’s disease Parkinson’s disease Delirium Points Received: 2 of 2 Question 7.Question : You have taught Jennifer, age 15, about using a flow meter to assess how to manage her asthma exacerbations. She calls you today because her peak expiratory flow rate is 65%. What would you tell her? “Take your short-acting beta-2 agonist, remain quiet, and call back tomorrow.” “Use your rescue inhaler, begin the prescription of oral glucocorticoids you have, and call back tomorrow.” “Drive to the emergency room now.” “Call 911.”
Question : African American patients
Points Received: 2 of 2 Question 8.Question : A patient is seen in the clinic with hematuria confirmed on microscopic examination. The clinician should inquire about the ingestion of which of these substances that might be the cause of hematuria? Student Answer: NSAIDs NSAIDs Beets Vitamin A Red meat Points Received: 2 of 2 Question 9.Question : Which of the following is an example of tertiary prevention in a patient with chronic renal failure? Fluid restriction Hemodialysis 4 days a week High-protein diet Maintenance of blood pressure at 120/80 Points Received: 2 of 2 Question 10.Question : Which of the following conditions is associated with cigarette smoking? Glaucoma Increased sperm quality Bladder cancer Eczema Points Received: 0 of 2 Question 11.Question : A chronic cough lasts longer than: 3 weeks 1 month 6 months 1 year Points Received: 0 of 2 Question 12.Question : The ‘freezing phenomenon’ is a cardinal feature of? Parkinson’s disease Alzheimer’s disease A CVA Bell’s palsy Points Received: 0 of 2 Question 13.Question : When administered at the beginning of an attack, oxygen therapy may help this kind of headache? Tension Migraine Cluster Stress Points Received: 0 of 2 Question 14.Question : Which ethnic group has the highest lung cancer incidence and mortality rates? African American men Scandinavian men and women Caucasian women Asian men Points Received: 0 of 2 Question 15.Question : The most significant precipitating event leading to otitis media with effusion is: Pharyngitis Allergies Viral upper respiratory infection (URI) Perforation of the eardrum Points Received: 2 of 2 Question 16.Question : Samuel is going to the dentist for some work and must take endocarditis prophylaxis because of his history of: Severe asthma A common valvular lesion Severe hypertension A prosthetic heart valve
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.