Module 10 discussion Discussions A/B Complete the discussion in Group A or B as assigned by the instructor and then respond to the alternate group. All students are required to review all posts for general knowledge. Keep in mind that you will earn points for your initial discussion posts, as well as your responses. If you do not posts responses, you cannot earn full credit. Refer to the Discussion Rubric on how points are earned. Group A – Complete the initial response.Intimate Partner Violence: A 30 y/o woman presents to the Emergency Department with a complaint of sexual assault by a co-worker in her office. She has no facial or body trauma, bruising or lacerations. She is withdrawn, crying and relates feeling very guilty about coming into the clinic but is afraid of getting pregnant. They had begun dating a week ago, but she never believed this man would become so aggresive. How can you best help this woman?
Victim to sexual coercion
What medical care should be provided? What education will you provide to her? Group B: responding to this discussion Care for this patient does not conclude at the end of this ED visit. What follow up care should be provided? Who is best suited to provide care to this patient? http://www.rainn.org/ this is a link to the web site. Discussion: Group B – please complete this initial discussion. You are working in a rural Family Planning Health clinic and a 16 y/o presents with complaints of vaginal pain, discharge, odor x 4 days. Pain is getting worse. Her mother relates she has a cognitive learning delay and has tried to talk to her about her consensual sexual behavior with multiple partners. She tells you she has “felt some ‘bumps’ down there.” She relates multiple sexual partners because she is now popular and it is part of the ‘game’ to stay popular with her new friends. Diagnosis: HPV with several condyloma lesions, a vaginal yeast infection, and chlamydia. She is given a prescription for Chlamydia, and the vulvar lesions, told to follow up in 2 weeks. How do you approach her and begin the conversation regarding safe sexual practices? What are your thoughts about this young lady? How do you feel about her game? How would you proceed to give her education? Group A: respond to this discussion. This client is a victim to sexual coercion. As the nurse what is your role and responsibility. As the nurse what is your role and responsibility? Can you direct her to a support system that would be on going to assist her? What will happen to her if she begins to refuse to participate in this sexual behavior?
Module 10 discussion
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.