Please follow the distinguished section of the scoring guide that is provided
Develop a 2-4 page scholarly paper in which you describe the chosen diagnosis of DIABETES, and then identify and analyze credible evidence that could be used as the basis for applying EBP to the issue.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For this assessment, you may choose from the following options as the context for the quality or safety issue or chosen diagnosis/health issue for researching and completing this assessment:
- The specific diagnosis/health issue you identified in your previous assessment (DIABETES) (The previous paper I wrote is provided also)
Below is a quick review table of several well-known Evidence-Based Practice Models used to guide exploration:
Evidence-Based Practice Models
Iowa Model of Evidence-Based PracticeStetler ModelOttawa ModelPARiHS (Promoting Action on Research Implementation in Health Services) ModelACE (Academic Center for Evidence-Based Practice) Star ModelARCC (Advancing Research and Clinical Practice Through Close Collaboration) ModeJohn Hopkins ModelKTA (Knowledge-to-Action) Model
For this assessment:
- Explain the criteria that should be used when determining the credibility of journal articles as well as websites.
- Support your explanations with references to the literature or research articles that describe criteria that should be used to determine credibility.
- Your identification and determination of credibility should be done within the context of your chosen scenario for this assessment. For example, if you choose to use the provided Vila Health scenario, your initial identification of resources should be of resources that will best help address the presented issue. However, if you are locating resources to help provide evidence-based care for the diagnosis/health care issue you identified in the first assessment, you may want to begin your literature and evidence search from the databases that were identified. Any of the three scenario options are acceptable. So, pick the one that most interests you.
Be sure to address the following in this assessment, which correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Please study the scoring guide carefully so that you will know what is needed for a distinguished score.
- Describe a quality or safety issue, or a chosen diagnosis, that could benefit from an evidence-based approach.
- Explain criteria that should be considered when determining credibility of resources such as journal articles and websites.
- Analyze the credibility and relevance of evidence and resources within the context of a quality or safety issue, or a chosen diagnosis.
- This is where you are selecting the specific resources to help address the issue in your chosen scenario.
- Identify the Evidence-Based Practice model and explain the importance of incorporating credible evidence into the EBP model used to address a quality or safety issue, or a chosen diagnosis/health care issue. Review the literature below and choose the appropriate model for your diagnosis/health care issue.
- Selecting a model for evidence-based practice changes. [PDF] and Evidence-Based Practice Models help explain the various evidence-based nursing models.
- Communicate using writing that is clear, logical, and professional with correct grammar and spelling using current APA style.
Your assessment should meet the following requirements:
- Length of submission: 2-4-page scholarly paper, this does not include the APA-formatted title page and reference list.
- Number of references: Cite 3-5 sources of scholarly or professional evidence that support your findings and considerations. Resources should be no more than five years old.
- APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style.