DQ: Comprehensive well-woman exam
DQ: Comprehensive well-woman exam
Elaine Goodwin is a 38-year-old G5 P5 LC 6 presenting to your clinic today to discuss contraceptive options. She states that she is not interested in having more children but her new partner has never fathered a child. Her medical history is remarkable for exercise-induced asthma, migraines, and IBS. Her surgical history is remarkable only for tonsils as a child. Her social history is negative for alcohol, tobacco, and recreational drugs. She has no known drug allergies and takes only vitamin C. Hospitalizations were only for childbirth. Family history reveals that her maternal grandmother is alive with dementia, while her maternal grandfather is alive with COPD. Her paternal grandparents are both deceased due to an automobile accident. Her mother is alive with osteopenia and fibromyalgia, and her dad is alive with a history of skin cancer (basal cell). Elaine has one older sister with no medical problems and one younger brother with no reported medical problems.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Height 5’ 7” Weight 148 (BMI 23.1), BP 118/72 Pulse 68
· HEENT (head, ears, eyes, nose, throat): wnl (within normal limit)
· Neck: supple without adenopathy
· Lungs/CV (cardiovascular): wnl
· Breast: soft, fibrocystic changes bilaterally, without masses, dimpling or discharge
· Abd (abdomen): soft, +BS (positive bowel sound), no tenderness
· VVBSU (Vulvar vaginal bartholin skene’s uretha): wnl, except 1st degree cystocele
· Cervix: firm, smooth, parous, without CMT (cervical motion tenderness)
· Uterus: RV (retroverted), mobile, non-tender, approximately 10 cm,
· Adnexa: without masses or tenderness
Based on the case study scenario provided, complete a comprehensive well-woman exam and critically analyze to focus attention on the diagnostic tests (include explanation of the tests you might recommend).
Include your differential diagnosis. Be specific and provide examples. Use your Learning Resources and/or evidence from literature to support your explanations.
Some questions to answer in your post:
1. What other information do you need?
2. What has she used in the past? Why did she stop a method? How many partners in past 12 months?
3. What are her current cycles like?
4. When was her last gyn exam and what were the results of the tests?
5. Are her migraines with or without auras?
6. What method has she considered.
7. What are you next steps/considerations?
8. What teaching should you do?
9. What methods are appropriate for Elaine?
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument
Get a 10 % discount on an order above $ 50
Use the following coupon code :