Environmental Health: Local To Global: Module 5 Quiz
- In the United States, research has documented socioeconomic and racial/ethnic disparities in residential exposures to _______________.
|[removed]||hazardous waste sites|
|[removed]||all of the above|
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- In the context of ionizing radiation, the term relative biological effectiveness describes _______________, per unit of radiation energy absorbed by the body.
|[removed]||the relative damage caused by different types of ionizing radiation|
|[removed]||the relative impact of acute versus chronic exposure to ionizing radiation|
|[removed]||the relative risk of birth defects caused by exposure early versus late in pregnancy|
- Which of the following occupations is not particularly associated with high exposure to asbestos?
- Which of the following diseases is a sentinel illness for asbestos exposure?
- The half-life of a radioactive element is the time it takes for half the atoms in a sample to _______________.
|[removed]||lose an electron|
|[removed]||undergo radioactive decay|
- Which of the following is not a syndrome associated with acute high-level exposure to ionizing radiation?
|[removed]||Bone marrow syndrome|
|[removed]||Central nervous system syndrome|
- Occupational exposure to cotton dust causes _______________.
- Which of the following types of radiation is not ionizing?
- Which type of radiation is most penetrating, if a person is exposed from a source outside the body?
- Nanoparticles are in the same size range as __________________ particulates.
- Asbestos is a _______________ hazard.
- Which of the following is not a documented health effect of noise in the workplace?
|[removed]||Coronary heart disease|
|[removed]||Decrease in immune system function|
- Today, with asbestos exposures in the United States largely controlled, deaths from malignant melanoma in the country are _______________.
- Radioactive decay occurs when an atom of a radioactive isotope _______________.
|[removed]||Absorbs a burst of energy|
|[removed]||Ejects part of its nucleus|
|[removed]||undergoes fusion of the particles in its nucleus|
- In the United States, research on burdens of BPA, PFCs, and PBDEs in people’s bodies or in their microenvironments has shown:
|[removed]||consistently higher burdens in lower-socioeconomic-status and/or minority populations.|
|[removed]||consistently lower burdens in lower-socioeconomic-status and/or minority populations.|
|[removed]||variation in demographic patterns in body burdens|