This assignment is to help you gain insight regarding the influence of genetics on an individual’s health and risk for disease. You are to obtain a family genetic history on a willing, nonrelated, adult participant. NOTE: failing to complete this assignment using an adult participant other than yourself will result in a 20% penalty deduction being applied. Course Outcomes This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes. CO3: Utilize effective communication when performing a health assessment. (PO3) CO5: Explore the professional responsibilities involved in conducting a comprehensive health assessment and providing appropriate documentation. (PO6) Points This assignment is worth a total of 150 points. Due Date The Family Genetic History Assignment is to be submitted at the end of Week 2. Disclaimer When taking a family genetic history on an actual client, it is essential that the information is accurate. Please inform the person you are interviewing that they do not need to disclose information that they wish to keep confidential. If the adult participant decides not to share information, please write, “Does not want to disclose.” If the client fails to disclose answers to several items, you will need to find another client who is willing to share. You are required to use the assignment specific item(s) (article/systematic review/topic/form/templates) or you will earn a “0” for the assignment. In addition, assignments that do not follow the current guidelines or use the required item, as defined above, will be evaluated for evidence of an academic integrity violation. After the due date, there will be no opportunity for revision or resubmission of assignments that have been uploaded to the submission area. This includes blank, incomplete, incorrect file, and/or incorrect file format documents. It is your responsibility to submit the correct completed assignment in the correct format to the correct submission area. Your last submission before the due date will be graded. You may not resubmit after the due date with a different file and incur a late deduction per the Late Assignment policy. Directions Refer to the examples in Chapter 4 of your textbook that discuss development of a genogram. Download the required NR305_Family_Genetic_History_Form (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. You will document the adult participant’s family genetic history using this MS Word document. Complete the family genetic history using the information that the adult participant is willing to share with you. The focus of this course is on the normal healthy individual so your paper does not need to contain much medical/nursing detail. Refer to your textbook or the Internet to learn what impact the family’s health history may have on the adult participant’s personal state of wellness both now and in the future. This paper does not require APA formatting, but you are expected to write clearly and use proper grammar and spelling. Developing a pictorial genogram using symbols to identify certain relationship
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.