Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Review the Case Studies located in the ATI Study Guide prior to completing your Key Assignment Final Draft. You will be able to respond and review the responses so you can correct any deficient area.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Save your time – order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlines
Order Paper Now
Key Assignment Final Draft
This final draft represents Part 1 and Part 2 of the Key Assignment. You should treat it as a finished document in terms of grammar, formatting, references, all necessary sections, and complete content.
Part 1 Tasks (Week 4)
In this assignment, you will develop a training manual that will be utilized for training new employees (certified medical administrative assistants [CMAAs]) who join the clinic.
Physicians are hiring more CMAAs to help manage the increasing complexities of patient care and practice management, while also helping to implement cost-effectiveness and efficiency. Your responsibilities as a CMAA can be tailored to the needs of the practice. You will manage front-office functions, manage patient flow, and handle a wide range of tasks that have been discussed in the past few weeks. As a CMAA, you may convey clinical information on behalf of the physician and follow clinical protocol when speaking with patients, but you cannot exercise independent medical judgments. You will also help to optimize patient flow, enabling the physician to see more patients with efficiency, all while following your State’s scope of practice and working under the supervision of a licensed physician.
Note: Content from Weeks 1–3 IPs and DBs can be wholly or partially used as necessary to address the specific Key Assignment tasks shown below. You should take into account any instructor feedback from those IPs and DBs.
The project deliverables are as follows:
- Training Manual
- Title page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Your name
- The training manual should include the following topics:
- An introduction to the health care system
- The organization’s structure
- The process of checking patients in and out
- Scheduling patients
- Various community and patient resources
- Processes for how to interact with patients
- Health insurance plans
- Financial procedures related to the policies of the organization
- Clean claims
- Financial procedures related to the organization’s cash flow
- Billing policy and procedures
- Protecting patients’ privacy
- Accounting and bookkeeping procedures and processes
- Office procedures for various forms of documentation (release of information, electronic health record)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules and regulations
- HIPAA forms
- Advance directives
- Medical record responsibilities
- Obtaining patient demographics and insurance information
- Receive, triage, and route phone calls
- Review records for medical necessity
- Release of information guidelines
- Title page
Part 2 Tasks (Week 5)
In this assignment, you will add a final section to your training manual that will be utilized for training new employees (CMAAs) who join the clinic.
As a CMAA in a clinic, you are responsible for ensuring that job performance is in compliance with regulatory agency guidelines. There are many areas of compliance that a CMAA must be familiar with: financial risk, local and state regulations, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), transmission and release of information, HIPAA guidelines, patient care procedures, and prevention of medical errors. For this part of the assignment, you will add the following topics to your training manual:
- Identify and discuss 3 compliance risks.
- Indicate the consequences of not meeting these requirements.
- Add a conclusion that should include the guidelines or policies that should have been followed to prevent this infraction.