All assignments MUST be typed, double-spaced, in APA style and must be written at graduate level English. You must integrate the material presented in the text to support your discussion, citing in APA format. Outside sources may be used to support the text information, but not replace the text.
Your response to each question should be approx. 1 page per question.
Assignment should be 16 pages total plus a title and reference page
1. There are many reasons why the history of psychology is important. Pick two reasons and explain why they are important.
2. Socrates, Plato and Aristotle were important figures in Philosophy leading up to Psychology. Discuss how these three paved the way for Psychology.
3. Discuss how Augustine changed the locus of control human behavior, from forces outside the person to forces inside the person.
4. Discuss the mind-Body interaction as seen by Descartes. How did Descartes theories contribute to the beginning of Psychology?
5. Compare the roles of Locke, Berkeley, and Hume, and their importance in early Psychology.
6. Herbert was an important transitional figure between philosophy and psychology. How do his theories bring these two disciplines together?
7. Discus the commonalities and the differences between existentialism and romanticism.
8. What were Fechner’s contributions to the development of psychology as a science?
9. Compare and contrast Wundt’s view of Psychology with Titchener’s views. Which one do you agree with more?
10. There were many controversies over intelligence testing. Discuss the importance of Cattell, Binet, Spearman, Goddard, Terman and Yerkes in testing history. Briefly discuss the Bell Curve theory (without pictures), as it applies to testing IQ.
11. Discuss the difference between Structuralism and Functionalism. How were the two schools (Chicago and Columbia) similar and different?
12. Pavlov and Watson are major behaviorists. Explain William McDougall’s outlook and theories and why he is not as well known.
13. Skinner was known as the leading neobehavorist. Why were Tolman, Hull and Gutherie not as well known? Be sure to include Tolman, Hull and Gutherie’s theories.
14. Discuss the founding of Gestalt theory. What impact did it have on psychology and therapy?
15. Summarize the medical, psychological and supernatural models of mental illness and give examples of each.
16. Sigmund Freud is credited with being the Father of Psychoanalysis. Compare and contrast how Anna Freud, Carl Jung, Alfred Adler and Karen Horney morphed Freud’s original theories into working theories that we still use today.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Discussion Questions (DQ)
Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.