Math 009 Quiz 5
Name________________________________ Instructions: The quiz is worth 100 points. There are 10 problems, with the points for each problem shown in brackets right after the problem number. Your score on the quiz will be posted in your assignment folder with comments. This quiz allows open book and open notes, and you may take as long as you like on it provided that you submit the quiz no later than the due date posted in our course schedule of the syllabus. You may refer to your textbook, notes, and online classroom materials, but you may not consult anyone. You should show all of your work to receive full credit. If you do not show work, you may earn only partial or no credit. Please type your work in your copy of the quiz, or if you prefer, create a document containing your work, preferably in pdf format. Scanned work is also acceptable. Be sure to include your name and quiz number in the document. Review instructions for submitting your quiz in the Quizzes Module. If you have any questions, please contact me by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) At the end of your quiz you must include the following dated statement with your name typed in lieu of a signature. Without this signed statement you will receive a zero. I have completed this quiz myself, working independently and not consulting anyone except the instructor. I have neither given nor received help on this quiz. Name: Date: Please remember to show ALL of your work on every problem. Please read each problem very carefully and note its requirement(s). 1) [12 points] Graph the linear equation by finding and plotting the intercepts. Show all work and write each intercept as an ordered pair. You may draw your graph on the grid below or create your own graph. Write the equation of the line next to its graph or as a figure caption. x-intercept = y-intercept = 2) [12 points] Given the line with the equation a) Find at least three ordered pairs that satisfy the equation. b) Find the slope of the line. c) Graph the line. You may draw your graph on the grid below or create your own graph. Write the equation of the line next to its graph or as a figure caption. 3) [12 points] Given the line with the equation a) Find at least three ordered pairs that satisfy the equation. b) Find the slope of the line. c) Graph the line. You may draw your graph on the grid below or create your own graph. Write the equation of the line next to its graph or as a figure caption. 4) [12 points] Given the line with equation a) Write the equation in slope-intercept form. b) State the slope of the line. c) State the y-intercept of the line as an ordered pair. d) Use slope-intercept form to graph the line. You may draw your graph on the grid below or create your own graph. Write the equation of the line next to its graph or as a figure caption. 5) [6 points] Find the slope of the line through the points (5, -4) and (7, 2). 6) [7 points] Write in point-slope form,, the equation of the line through the two points given in Problem 5 above. 7) [7 points] Convert the equation that you wrote in Problem 6 above to slope-intercept form,. 8) [8 points] Convert the equation that you wrote in Problem 6 above to standard form,, where A, B, and C are integers and A > 0. 9) [9 points] Given a line with equation, write an equation in point-slope form of the line perpendicular to the given line through the point (-2, 4). 10) [15 points] The manager at a local Best Buy store kept track of daily sales of the iPhone 6 when it was first introduced. He noticed that sales were very high at first, but showed a steady decrease. For example, on day 6 after the phones first went on sale, the store sold 238 iPhone 6’s, but on day 10 after the phones first went on sale, the store sold only 170 iPhone 6’s. Assume that the relationship between number of days since the phone became available and number sold is linear and, let x = the number of days since the phone was released and y = number of phones sold at this Best Buy store. a) Write two ordered pairs to represent the sales on the days described. b) Find the slope of the line through those ordered pairs. c) Write an equation in point-slope form of the line. d) Convert the equation to slope-intercept form.
Math 009 Quiz 5
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.