Interview with a Nursing Information Expert Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to:
- communicate your understanding of the importance of quality information in everyday nursing practice;
- discuss the roles and responsibilities of a Nursing Information Expert; and
- articulate how the professional nurse uses information/data in every day practice to improve outcomes.
Interview with a Nursing Information Expert Assignment Directions
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Download the NR361 Interview Form (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., which will be used to complete this assignment.
- Select your interviewee and schedule an interview. This individual must be a Registered Nurse. Job titles of RNs who may be considered include, but are not limited to, Nursing Clinical Information Manager; Super User, Director/Manger Clinical Education; Chief Information Officer; Quality Assurance or Performance Improvement Nurse; Nurse Informaticist; Telenursing Specialist; Nurse Abstractor; Case Manager; Compliance Nurse. If you have any concerns about whether the RN is suitable for this assignment, contact your instructor BEFORE you schedule the interview.
- Review all questions (areas of inquiry) on the Interview Form PRIOR to conducting the interview. You may print the form and take it with you to the interview.
- Note there are five required questions to ask the RN.
- Note there are four optional questions. You need to select only one of these to ask the RN.
- Note there are two follow-up questions that must be answered by you.Interview with a Nursing Information Expert
Your Name: Date:
Your Instructor’s Name:
Directions: After completing your interview, you must use this form to submit your assignment to the Dropbox. You may use the form to capture information as you conduct your interview, or fill it in later. The form is expandable and will enlarge the textbox to accommodate your answers. Do not rely only on this form for everything you must include! Please look in Course Resources for specific instructions in the Guidelines for this assignment.
Criteria Fill in the answers in this column. Demographics: Provide initials of the RN, official job title of interviewee that includes the type of nursing information role and the date the interview was conducted.
Types of nursing information expert may be considered include, but are not limited to, Nursing Clinical Information Manager; Super User, Director/Manger Clinical Education; Chief Information Officer; Quality Assurance or Performance Improvement Nurse; Nurse Informaticist; Telenursing Specialist; Nurse Abstractor; Case Manager; Compliance Nurse.
(answer EVERY question in this section)
1. Describe your career path to your current position. Include information about education and experiences. 2. Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force in delivery of nursing care at your facility. 3. What safeguards and decision-making support tools are embedded in patient care technologies and information systems that support safe practice at your facility? 4. Tell me about patient care technologies that have improved patient care at your facility. 5. What groups of healthcare workers rely on you to collect high quality information/data and how is that information utilized? Optional Questions
(answer only ONE question from the choices below)
1. Please tell me what challenges you have faced in dealing with other disciplines who may not “understand the needs of nurses/nursing?” 2. Please share an example of how garbage in/garbage out (GIGO) impacted a decision related to your information/data collection. 3. Please give me an example of how the lack of interprofessional collaboration impacted your role. 4. Please describe what a typical day on the job is like for you? Follow-up Questions
(Answer all of these. Please do not ask them during the interview.
Instead, reflect and answer them afterwards.)
1. How will completing this interview impact your practice as a BSN-prepared nurse? Give specific examples. 2. Resources:
Scholarly articles or texts that were used prior to the interview to familiar. Complete in APA format. (The references should be within the last five years).
Clearly states how each resource helped prepare for the interview.