Please make sure to read the assigned readings we used until now, Sections I and II of the Readings for Diversity and Social Justice. After you have gone through the material, please answer ONE of the following sets of questions in a well-structured and comprehensive answer. Please make sure to address ALL parts of the question.
Your answers should be at least 700 words (total for all parts of the question), and include 2-3 additional sources, beside the textbook. The suggestions for additional sources can be found in the textbook; you can also include news sources.
Remember: any information and ideas that do not come directly from your head MUST BE CITED in text and the full citations must be provided at the end of your answer. You need to cite the text book and any additional source you use.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
After you finished composing your answer, please read through the answers of your peers. Please write a thoughtful response to TWO posts from your peers–FROM THE OTHER SET. Please make sure to support your arguments with evidence in your own post, as well as responses to your peers. Each of your responses should be at least 150 words in length.
Again, I suggest you compose your answers first in Word and then past them into the discussion.
The main answers are due on Thursday by 11:59pm. Responses are due on Saturday by 11:59pm.
Set #1: In constructing your answers, please draw from Section II readings.
Using the concepts of race, racial stereotyping, racial prejudice, racism, and active racist behavior, how do historical experiences of the racial and ethnic groups in the US compare: Native Americans, African Americans, Chicanos, Asian Americans, European Americans, and Jewish Americans? In what ways are the experiences of those groups similar and different?
How do the historical patterns you explained earlier compare to the experiences of the new immigrants today?
Given the conceptual and empirical points made earlier, what has and how has it impacted your own sociocultural identity? Please provide a detailed explanation and specific examples to support your answer.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.