Need four (4) references, cited & obtained from, put on reference page.
· 1400-1750 words
· APA formatting
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· No plagiarism
· DUE 7/18/2015 13:00 1 PM EST
· If you cannot have this completed by this time or cannot handle the assignment, please do not contact me asking to do it.
Marla is a 42-year-old Hispanic female who comes to the mental health clinic complaining of having trouble sleeping, feeling “jumpy all of the time,” and experiencing an inability to concentrate. These symptoms are causing problems for her at work, where she is an accountant. —— Dysthymia Disorder
· Resources: Appendix A, Fundamentals of Abnormal Psychology, and the Faces of Abnormal Psychology Interactive application at the McGraw Hill Higher Education website
· Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper analyzing Marla’s disorder. Address the following:
· Decide which disorder Marla may have using the information in the Faces of Abnormal Psychology Interactive Application at http://www.mhhe.com/socscience/psychology/faces/#.
· The profile introduction will match more than one of the disorders found in the application.
· You must choose one of the disorders and complete the profile.
· Include the 10 question from the week Four CheckPoint. (Questions are below)
Clinical Interview Questions
1) What made you decide to come to therapy?
2) What are you expectations and goal you would like to achieve from therapy?
3) Can you tell me about yourself, your family (mother, father, siblings) and how is your relationship with them? Are you all a close nit family?
4) Do you have any close friends or a significant other?
5) How well do you get along with your friends, significant other and co-workers?
6) Do you have any feelings of anxiety, depression, or suicidal thoughts?
7) How is your overall physical health?
8) Does mental illness or depression run in your family?
9) Are you currently on any medication? Do you drink or use any illegal drugs?
10) How would you describe yourself and your personality? Do you think you have good morals?
· Summarize the disorder using the information provided in the interactive application.
· Explain the origin of the disorder and any potential treatments by using one of the models of abnormality found in Ch. 2 of Fundamentals of Abnormal Psychology. (SEE ATTACHED PDF)
· Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Final Project Overview
The final project for this course is comprehensive, designed to allow you to analyze a psychological disorder by reviewing a short profile of Marla, a 42-year-old accountant. This assignment provides you with a greater understanding of and ability to recognize abnormal behavior. Once you identify a possible disorder, probe deeper by asking questions and completing Marla’s profile. Once you have completed Marla’s profile, suggest possible treatments based on the models of abnormality in Ch. 2. This project reflects the culmination of your knowledge gathered through the readings, discussion questions, CheckPoints, and assignments.
• Suggested in Week Two: Review the McGraw Hill Higher Education Web site, http://www.mhhe.com/socscience/psychology/faces/#, which will be used for your final project.
• Due in Week Four: Review the requirements for your final project and pp. 69-70 of the text. Draft ten probing questions to learn more about the patient’s background.
• Suggested in Week Eight: Familiarize yourself with the DSM-IV to make a decision regarding a possible disorder.
WEEK NINE GRADE EXPECTATIONS
Please review my grading expectations for the Psychological Disorder Analysis Final Project Assignment:
Presentation Grading Form for the Psychological Disorder Analysis Final Project, Due in Week Nine
Content and Development
175 Points Points Earned
All key elements of the assignment are covered in a substantive way.
• Student identifies Marla’s disorder and completes the profile.
• Student summarizes and includes the 10 questions from week four checkpoint.
• Student summarizes the disorder using information provided in the interactive application.
• Student explains the origin of the disorder and any potential treatments by using one of the models of abnormality.
• The paper is 1,400 to 1,750 words in length.
The content is comprehensive, accurate, and persuasive.
The paper develops a central theme or idea, directed toward the appropriate audience.
The paper links theory to relevant examples and uses the vocabulary of the theory correctly.
Major points are stated clearly; are supported by specific details, examples, or analysis; and are organized logically.
The introduction provides sufficient background on the topic and previews major points.
The conclusion is logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
Readability and Style
10 Points Points Earned
Paragraph transitions are present, logical, and maintain the flow throughout the paper.
The tone is appropriate to the content and assignment.
Sentences are complete, clear, and concise.
Sentences are well constructed, with consistently strong, varied sentences.
Sentence transitions are present and maintain the flow of thought.
15 Points Points Earned
The paper, including the title page, reference page, tables, and appendixes, follows APA formatting guidelines.
Citations of original works within the body of the paper follow APA guidelines.
The paper is laid out with effective use of headings, font styles, and white space.
Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed.
Spelling is correct.
200 Points Points Earned
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.