Using the Annotated Bibliography format provide a detailed review of six qualitative articles. As you review articles with the focus of your research question you may need to select alternative studies to align with your completed work. The selection of articles is dependent on the focus you choose for your discussion. If the articles do not meet the requirements needed to support your discussion, search and replace articles as needed. Link the areas of focus and indicators to the theory. Keep in mind the theoretical or conceptual framework your have selected. The articles may use a different theory than the one you have chosen for previous papers. Following the Prospectus description for the Purpose of the Study in the Doctoral Project Manual, use the criteria and information from previous activities to draft your Purpose of the Study. Use your Research Question as your focus for the discussion. Follow with the 6 studies in the annotated bibliography format.
Submit paper of your discussion using points of emphasis above. 6 to 7 pages.
On a separate document- Labeled Assignment 17
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Assignment 17 Submit Qualitative Studies Paper:
Write a 3-5 page paper using four of the six research articles using one of the charts designed during the class. Refine the chart as needed to reflect the focus of your paper and new qualitative articles. Include charts, tables, and graphs as an appendix at the end of the paper.
The main purpose for this activity is to present an issue via the exploration of clear factors and applicable theory as they relate to your research interest. This academic discourse will allow you to use your critical thinking skills to analyze the different factors and then draw conclusions based on the evidence you present.
Prepare a 3-5 page qualitative studies paper your specific topic of interest. Assert your research question and applicable theory. Then present your Purpose of the Study. Use the following outline: Provide an introduction (include research question, applicable theory, and Purpose of the Study. Follow with the presentation of the four qualitative studies using the Annotated Bibliography format. Provide a discussion of the two perspectives regarding the selected predominate factor and link to the applicable theory based on the articles you presented. Finally, draw conclusions based on what you have presented. Again, include one of the graphs, tables, or charts to reflect relationship of the factors you have identified to the theory and how they are important. Include the chart or table as an appendix to your paper. Your discussion does not include the cover page, references, or appendices.
Submit paper of your discussion using points of emphasis above. 3-5 pages.
American Psychological Association (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association . (6th Edition). Washington, D.C.
Creswell, J. W. (2013). Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches. Sage. 9781452226101
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.